Simple Answers from Willoughby Hills Auto Repair for Willoughby Hills: High Mileage VehiclesApr 9th, 2014
What do I need to do for my high mileage vehicle?
Willoughby Hills Auto Repair Answer:
Willoughby Hills drivers ask this question at Willoughby Hills Auto Repair a lot more these days. The median age for vehicles on OH roads is now over 11 years. Regardless of your reason for keeping your vehicle around, the good news for Willoughby Hills drivers is that it's capable of going 150,000 to 200,000 miles (or 250,000 to 3500,000 kilometers) or more with proper care and professional automotive service at Willoughby Hills Auto Repair.
Here are some tips from Willoughby Hills Auto Repair on how to make your car last:
- First, Willoughby Hills drivers should follow all of their regularly scheduled maintenance routines. Things like oil changes, transmission and cooling system service are for avoiding damage. This reduces your overall cost for keeping your vehicle for a long time.
- Next, regular inspections are critical for Willoughby Hills drivers. Look, those parts are starting to get old and will become worn out the more you drive. Thorough inspections of various systems will uncover things that are nearing the end of their service life, like suspension, brake and steering components. Replacing worn parts early not only prevents breakdowns but relieves stress on related components so they will last longer as well.
- Another thing for Willoughby Hills drivers to consider is the use of special high mileage fluid formulations. For example, high mileage engine oil has special additives that condition those old seals and gaskets. It also has extra detergents to help keep that older vehicle engine clean inside. High mileage oil, transmission fluid, etc., costs a little more but can really head off some of the problems that are typical of older vehicles around OH.
- One last thing for Willoughby Hills drivers would be to consult with your friendly and knowledgeable pros at Willoughby Hills Auto Repair about the overall condition of your vehicle and your driving routines. It may be advisable to follow your vehicle's severe service schedule.
- Even with the occasional unexpected repair associated with an older vehicle, you can still enjoy good, reliable transportation if you take good care of your ride.
Give us a call.
Willoughby Hills Auto Repair
34801 Chardon Rd
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
At Willoughby Hills Auto Repair we install quality NAPA replacement parts.